Saturday, November 17, 2012
Monday, November 12, 2012
As I kid I loved Chicken a la king and it was one of my favorite MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat), when I was in the Army. Always a great comfort food, but never tried to make the dish. Here is my spin.
- 1 Can of Grand's Buttermilk Bicuits
- 1/2 Cup of Onion, Celery, and Pepper Mix
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Cajuns Seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas and Carrots Mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, and pepper mix in butter until crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour and Cajun Seasoning until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- Add frozen peas and carrots.
- Add chicken and stir until warm.
- Serve over biscuits.