Total Pageviews

Friday, April 27, 2012

Smoked Pork Butts and Baby Back Ribs

So the warmer weather is here, so I fired up the smoker.  I picked up two Boston Butts (Pork) and three racks of Baby Back Ribs.  I started the pork butts today, because they will take at least 12 hours or so to reach an internal temp of 205.  The ribs will go on tomorrow and I will use the 2-2-1 method. 2 hours on the smoker, 2 hours wrapped in foil, and 1 hour back on the smoker.   They will be tender, really tender.  Some say they are overdone when they fall off the bone, well this isn't a competition and that is how the family and friends like them.  Enjoy...It's gonna be a long night.
14 Pounds of Butts....

Two different rubs, one homemade, the other bought from Red, White, and Blue BBQ...


Butts reached 160 internal temp...getting the nice bark on them...205 here I come...








































No comments:

Post a Comment