Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs

Well vacation was coming to an end, so I decided to smoke some baby back ribs.  I went to Sam's and picked up a 3 pack at a decent price.  I fired up the smoker and reached 250, hickory as the flavor kicker.  I like to do my ribs in a 2-2-1 or 3-1-1 method.  Translated it means time on the smoker, time wrapped in foil, then time back in smoker and sauced.  


After I mix up the rub, I like to prep the ribs.  Not much trimming for me on baby backs, but I do like to remove the membrane on the back of the ribs.  The process is pretty easy; take a knife, cut under the membrane and grab with a paper towel (See Below).






So the membrane is off and time for a little rub.    I also like to add a little more brown sugar to the ribs prior to adding the rub.



Ribs after 3 hours, time to foil and return to smoker for an hour.  I like to add a little apple juice or Dr. Pepper to the bottom of the foil, then wrap.




Ribs after an hour of being wrapped in foil, time for a little sauce and honey.




I rub the ribs with some honey and apply my bbq sauce.  I will smoke for one last hour and it will be time to eat.


Well here is the final product.  Lightly sauced and tender.









No comments:

Post a Comment